Friday, September 8, 2017

Cha–Ching

email marketing for small business

This must be the very  sweetest sound in the World!

A few years ago, and completely by accident, I discovered how to get the best night sleep you can imagine, let me explain more.

It happened not long after I had started to get serious about email marketing and I had just purchased a new high-powered desktop computer.

Every day I was receiving a distracting volume of email and I had learned that if I knew what part of the subject line was I could direct certain less important emails (such as receipts) directly into a special folder for my book keeper to collect.

Or, newsletters I wanted to read I could direct into their own folder which I could find easily and read them when I had time, etc.

With a little creativity, there were 101 productive uses for this facility.

I started to organise myself and got my email under control.

However, every time an email arrived my email client played a notification sound which was nothing short of distracting, so I switched the sound off.

Then I had an interesting thought!

Why not get the computer to play a sound every time it notified me I had made a sale or generated affiliate commission, now that WAS something I wanted to know about?

Grouping my notification emails together was simple and took just 10 minutes or so to complete. The next step was to attach a sound which was just as easy.

It seems I could attach any .wav file I had on my computer so I searched through a CD of sound effects I had invested in and found the perfect one. It was the ‘Cha–Ching’ sound the old fashion cash registers I remembered well from the past made.

No sooner I attached the sound than I had to go out for the evening with my wife and I didn’t give my handy-work another thought.

As it happens I had a broadcast offer my auto responder was sending out to all my email lists to coincide with them arriving home from work. Whatever the time zone my email should be delivered at 5pm.

My wife and I returned at approximately 10pm and I opened the computer to see I had received a ton of orders from my efforts and UK based recipients. Then every minute or so as a new order arrived my computer played that wonderful ‘Cha-ching’ notification sound.

Being early risers, not long after my wife and I retired for the evening. Now my office is right next to our bed room and as I was drifting off to the land of nod I kept hearing that welcoming sound.

Although I was sleeping deeply I was conscious I was making money.

Then at around midnight my wife woke me up.

What on earth is that noise she asked and rather than the occasional notification sound the computer it sounded like it was have a nervous breakdown ‘Cha-C-Cha-Chi-Ch-C-Cha-ching’ it sounded like it had developed a bad stutter or something had stuck!

We went to investigate and discovered that there was NOTHING wrong with the computer, it’s just that the Americans who were a minimum of 4 hour behind us were arriving home and seeing my offer and clicking the buy link.

What a coincidence, it was in fact, one of those memorable offers that generated a large percentage of my years income in a matter of days, and we were listening to it arrive.

Although we turned the sound off that night as it was too overwhelming, we left it on most nights as there is no better background sound than the one which tells you your making money.

Anyone can generate income from email marketing, especially if you have an existing business, to discover more just click here…

free 7Day  eMail eCourse To Build Your List and Generate Profits!

Sign Up now and get started with the course.

No comments:

Post a Comment