Thursday, September 14, 2017

How A Blog Article Saved Me $180 and a Lifetime of Embarrassment

email marketing campaign strategy

Prospects and clients often ask if they really need to invest time, money, and effort into blogging. After all, what if no one reads the articles? And if no one is reading the articles, doesn't that just mean blogging is just a waste of resources?

We're always quick to reassure those who ask that blogging is a necessity: it improves your search engine rankings, helps bring authentic personality to your company and brand, establishes you as an expert, and allows you to directly address and engage with your audience. 

And to make sure you get readers, we often suggest publishing a mix of blogs that relate directly to your business and its product and service offerings, as well as a few that may not tie directly into your business, but are still relevant and informational, providing value to readers in the form of education.

I always knew it in theory, but I recently learned firsthand that that education is priceless. Or, in my case, it was valued at about $180 and my dignity. You see, if it were not for a blog article, I would have fallen victim to a Craigslist scam.

Thanks to that blog, I not only saved a couple hundred dollars... I managed to get out of the situation with my dignity intact.

If you've ever doubted the value of blogging, I hope my little fiasco here will change your mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment